Finding what you're looking for is easy with the "I want to..." links found on most pages. During our user testing, this became one of our most popular features. We hope you find it helpful, too. The "I want to..." box is designed to give users:
- Quick, easy access to top tasks.
- Links to related pages and tasks.
- A simple way to find important information, popular topics, and current issues.
Our website is designed to support all users, including those with disabilities. The website is compliant with WCAG 2.0 level AA standards and is designed to meet the requirements of Washington State Policy 188, and Section 508 of the federal Workforce Rehabilitation Act. What does that mean? It means our website is designed with:
- Easy-to-read font sizes.
- Ample white space around text.
- Easy-to-read headings and formatting.
- High contrast color palettes.
- Alt-text to describe images.
- Captioning and transcripts for video and audio.
- Alternative formats for complex materials or infographics.
We're now mobile friendly! Visitors with smartphones and tablets are our fastest growing user group. Our website automatically adjusts to any browser or screen size, and all website features are designed to work with mobile browsers. Our website:
- Uses a simple and intuitive mobile menu design.
- Has a responsive design that adjusts for all screen sizes, and can resize to mobile view, even in a desktop browser.
We have also protected our website by using an authorized SSL (Secure Socket Layer) certificate. This means that all web traffic is encrypted and securely transmitted for your protection. You can verify this by looking for https://
in the address bar.
We've integrated our public involvement calendar
Our event listing
is displayed prominently on our homepage and is also linked from every page in the third column of the footer.
This feature lists all of our opportunities for public engagement and feedback in one central place. Users can easily find:
- Public hearings and meetings.
This also is where you will find open public comment periods and conveniently provide comments right from the website on our draft rules and other proposals.