Ecology is meeting with stakeholders about the rulemaking for Criteria for Emissions-Intensive, Trade-Exposed (EITE) Industries, Chapter 173-446A WAC.
Online meeting information
Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 10 a.m. – noon
Meeting materials (agenda, presentation, draft rule language)
- Register for the webinar to get your access code and password.
- To hear the webinar better, use your phone (instead of the computer) to call 1-855-929-3239.
This rulemaking may:
- Establish criteria to identify emissions-intensive, trade-exposed (EITE) industries that will be eligible for no-cost allowances.
- Consider the locations of potential emissions-intensive, trade-exposed businesses in relation to overburdened communities while developing the criteria.
- Include requirements necessary to support the above items, the overall objectives of the statute or chapter, or the goals of the Climate Commitment Act.
We write rules to implement and enforce state and federal environmental laws and rules. Ecology follows a 3-phase process for rulemaking:
- Announcement and development
For each phase of the process, we update the rulemaking web page and notify interested parties. We also file notice in the Washington State Register. To learn more about Ecology’s rulemaking process, read the Frequently Asked Questions.