Keeping the public involved while safe
We are holding this meeting online (webinar) to reduce the spread of coronavirus.
We are meeting with stakeholders about the rulemaking for the new rule, Greenhouse Gas Assessment for Projects, Chapter 173-445 WAC.
Online meeting information
Tuesday, Nov. 17, 2020, 9 a.m. – noon
- Register for the webinar to get your access code and password.
- To hear the webinar better, use your phone (instead of the computer) to call 1-855-929-3239.
- Ecology presentation
- Give us feedback
The rulemaking will:
- Address analysis and mitigation of greenhouse gas emissions for environmental assessments of industrial and fossil fuel projects.
- Provide consistent and comprehensive assessment methods for industrial and fossil fuel projects.
- Provide clarity and transparency to industry, the public, and agencies.
Visit our rulemaking webpage for more information about this rulemaking
We write rules to implement and enforce state and federal environmental laws and rules. We follow a three-phase process for rulemaking:
- Announcement and development
For each phase of the process, we update the rulemaking web page and notify interested parties. We also file notice in the Washington State Register. To learn more about our rulemaking process, read the Frequently Asked Questions.