Ecology is supervising the cleanup at this site. We invite you to comment on documents related to cleanup.
Gasoline and BTEX (benzene, toluene, ethyl benzene, and xylene) contaminated the soil and groundwater from a leaking underground storage tank fueling system. A part of the property is leased for use as a retail gasoline station and convenience store.
The proposed Cleanup Action Plan includes:
- Removing the existing convenience store, all underground fuel storage tanks, and the fuel dispenser structures.
- Contaminated soil will be excavated and moved off-site and disposed of appropriately.
- Contaminated groundwater will be removed and treated.
- Groundwater will be monitored to make sure the cleanup is effective.
- If contamination remains at the site, the port will record an environmental covenant with the county that will be attached to the property deed, and Ecology will review conditions at the site every five years.
Online informational public meeting on June 22, 2022 at 5 p.m. We will hold a public meeting to present information about the proposed cleanup and answer your questions. See below for information on how to join the meeting.