Whatcom County Public Works Department and Ecology are collaborating on the Swift Creek flood control and sediment management project located east of Everson near Sumas Mountain.
We invite you to review and comment on the following documents for the Swift Creek Project:
- Swift Creek Action Plan: this plan describes the flood control and sediment management actions recommended for the Swift Creek watershed.
- Consent Decree: a legal agreement between the State of Washington, Ecology, Whatcom County, and other parties that requires Whatcom County to:
- Develop detailed design documents
- Construct and operate the project.
- Manage deposited sediment
- Perform regular maintenance and monitoring
- Control future use and access
- Purchase additional property or easements, as may be required
For more information visit the Swift Creek webpage.
- Public Participation Plan: document that explains how people can be involved in the project.
Comment by mail
913 Squalicum Way
Bellingham, WA 98225
To request ADA accommodation, contact Ecology's ADA Coordinator by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 360-407-6831, 711 (relay service), or 877-833-6341 (TTY). More about our accessibility services.