We invite you to comment on the preliminary air pollution Source Separation Determination for the Nippon Dynawave, North Pacific Paper Company (NORPAC), and Weyerhaeuser NR Co. facilities located in Longview.
Weyerhaeuser formally owned the kraft and lumber mills and was a co-owner of NORPAC. These facilities operated under a single air operating permit (AOP). After Weyerhaeuser sold the kraft mill and NORPAC facility in fall of 2016, we held comment periods, separating the Air Operating Permit into three separate permits.
- Nippon operates a kraft pulp and paper mill.
- NORPAC operates a thermomechanical pulp and paper mill.
- Weyerhaeuser operates a lumber mill.
Please read the preliminary determination for more information. No increase in air pollution is allowed by this action.
- Currently, the three facilities are still considered a single source of air pollution under Title V of the Clean Air Act.
- We propose separating the facilities into three separate sources of air pollution.
Comment by mail
PO Box 47600
Olympia, WA 98504-7600
To request ADA accommodation, call Ecology at 360-407-7668, 711 (relay service), or 877-833-6341 (TTY). More about our accessibility services.