We invite you to attend an evening workshop and hearing on the Concentrated Animal Feeding Operation General Permits. Please see the related morning event on July 26, 2022 if it works better for your schedule.
Join us for a webinar with the permit writer who will provide a brief overview and take your formal comment on the next permits. The public hearings will begin immediately following each public workshop and will conclude when public testimony is complete. Interpretation will be available for Spanish speakers at both webinars.
We issue the CAFO General Permits to medium and large-scale operations that confine livestock for long periods of time in pens or barns and discharge pollution to surface or groundwater. The permits require specific pollution prevention practices of facilities, such as collecting runoff and storing manure, applying nutrients to cropland according to crop budgets, and adapting practices based on soil test results to protect water quality.
Register for the webinar
Call-in Only: 253-215-8782
Meeting ID: 865 3217 2503
You may need this permit if you:
- Confine livestock in pens or barns for 45 days or more during the year.
- Discharge from your operation.
Tips for attending the event
If you can, please register in advance using the registration web links. This helps make sure you have any needed software updates taken care of early so you may participate on time.
Here are some other important tips:
- We recommend you use the Google Chrome browser when signing in.
- Plan to join us 10 minutes or so before the event begins, around 5:50 p.m.
- For unstable internet, you can join by phone audio. In the Zoom meeting, click the up arrow by the mute button to select.
There are two opportunities to attend this formal public hearing, and while we recommend registration, it is not required.