We invite you to attend a public workshop followed by a formal hearing to accept oral comments on the draft Sand and Gravel General Permit.
The purpose of these workshops is to explain the general permit and to answer questions prior to the formal public hearings. The purpose of the hearing is to provide an opportunity for people to give formal oral testimony and written comments on the proposed draft permit.
The public hearing will begin immediately following the public workshop and will conclude when public testimony is complete.
Tips for attending the events:
- If you can, please register in advance using the registration web links. This helps make sure you have any needed software updates taken care of early so you may participate on time.
- We recommend you use the Google Chrome browser when signing in.
- Plan to join us 10 minutes or so before the event begins, around 9:50 a.m.
- An evening session of the workshop and public hearing is also available.
- Comments submitted in writing receive the same consideration as oral comments given at a hearing.
While the COVID 19 response is in effect, we will not hold in-person public events and documents are available for review online only. If you need a hard copy document, please contact Dena Jaskar at email@example.com or 360-407-6401.
The Sand and Gravel General permit regulates discharges of process water, stormwater, and mine dewatering water associated with these activities into waters of the state. Under federal and state water quality law (Federal Clean Water Act and State Water Pollution Control Act), a permit is required for discharges of process water, stormwater and mine dewatering water into waters of the state. Learn more about the Sand and Gravel General Permit.