Event detail icon
Meetings & Hearings

Morning: Upland Finfish General Permit Workshop and Hearing

Upland Finfish Hatching & Rearing General Permit

May 11, 2021, 10 a.m., Online webinar

We invite you to attend a morning information session and hearing to receive your comments on what we should change in the Upland Finfish Hatching & Rearing General Permit. Please see the related evening information session and hearing on May 12, 2021 at 6 p.m. if it works better for your schedule.

Join us for a webinar with the permit writer who will provide a brief overview and take your formal comment on the next permit.

Who needs this permit

Every upland finfish hatching or rearing facility within the jurisdiction of Ecology that discharges at least 30 days a year, and:

  • Produces more than 20,000 pounds of fish a year, or
  • Feeds more than 5,000 pounds of fish food in any one calendar month, or
  • That Ecology determines is a significant contributor of pollution to waters of the state.

Tips for attending the events

If you can, please register in advance using the registration web links. This helps make sure you have any needed software updates taken care of early so you may participate on time.

Here are some other important tips:

  • We recommend you use the Google Chrome browser when signing in.
  • Plan to join us 10 minutes or so before the event begins, around 9:50 a.m.

This National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) water quality permit helps ensure discharge of pollutants from rearing or hatching fish, which includes uneaten feed, fish fecal matter, and medications and disease control chemicals, causes no harm to the environment, in accordance with the federal Water Pollution Control Act and state Water Pollution Control laws.

Event time icon


May 11, 2021, 10 a.m.
Join online

Event questions icon


Laurie Niewolny
Aquaculture Specialist and NPDES Permit Coordinator
Event detail icon

Comment period

Upland Finfish General Permit Comment Period — Upland Finfish Hatching & Rearing General Permit
Closes: May 26, 2021, 11:59 p.m.
See details

To request ADA accommodation, contact Ecology's ADA Coordinator by email at ecyadacoordinator@ecy.wa.gov, or call 360-407-6831, 711 (relay service), or 877-833-6341 (TTY). More about our accessibility services.