ADDITIONAL RULE INFORMATION
On May 31, 2016, Ecology adopted amendments to three rules
- General Regulations for Air Pollution Sources – Chapter 173-400 WAC
- Low Emission Vehicles – Chapter 173-423 WAC
- Ambient Air Quality Standards – Chapter 173-476 WAC
What is the purpose of the rule changes?
The purpose of the rule change is to adopt new requirements:
- General Regulations for Air Pollution Sources - include new federal rules and changes to federal rules since the last time Ecology amended this chapter (2012)
- Low Emission Vehicles - include updates to California motor vehicle emission standards
- Ambient Air Quality Standards - include the lower EPA ozone standard and associated monitoring requirements
Why has Ecology made these changes?
Ecology changed the rule to:
- Continue or improve protection of human health and the environment by establishing consistency with federal rules and California motor vehicle emission standards.
- Simplify compliance for regulated sources by adding a single reference point for specifying the date of the federal rules.
- Correct spelling errors.