The study’s sampling quality assurance project plan provides information on the sites and study design.
- Do fungal and/or plant amendments improve the effectiveness of the default bioretention soil mix to reduce metal, fecal coliforms, and nutrient pollution from highway runoff?
- Are the amended mixes still capable of preventing toxicity to aquatic organisms?
Monitoring is underway through 2018.
Project tasks and deliverables
Scope of Work, Amendment 1
- Quality assurance project plan (QAPP) — Deliverable 1
- Build and condition bioretention cells, baseline testing of materials
- Baseline water quality, sediment chemistry and cell conditions
- Report on conditioned cell’s microbiology, chemistry, toxicity
- Monitoring — six month reports on flow, water quality and toxicity
- Deliverable 5.1
- Deliverable 5.2
- Deliverable 5.3
- Report on interim results regarding accumulation/mobilization
- Final report, fact sheet and two presentations
- Deliverable 7.1a
- Deliverable 7.1b
- Deliverable 7.1c
- Deliverable 7.1d