This WSU led project will determine what types of stormwater problems are amenable to, and best addressed by, behavior change efforts. An online decision support tool, guidance, and training will be developed to guide jurisdictions in prioritizing stormwater education efforts and evaluating effectiveness of their programs.
Project tasks and deliverables
Project timeline is February 2021 to Sept. 30, 2022. Costs are $270,100.
Scope of work
Task 1.0: Project administration and management
Task 2.0: Match stormwater problems to effective behavior change tools
Task 3.0: Assess the effectiveness of existing E&O tools nationwide
- D3.1 Draft synthesis and annotated bibliography
- D3.2 Revised synthesis and bibliography, with input from TAC addressed.
Task 4.0: Create a Website Decision-Support Tool
- D4.1 Draft mock-up of decision-support tool
- D4.2 Revised mockup addressing comments from TAC
- D4.3 Final website operational
- D4.4 Report on survey jurisdictions testing website; website refinements
- D4.5 Transition plan for making website sustainable after SAM funding.
Task 5.0: Develop guidance for E&O effectiveness evaluation and reporting
- D5.1a Draft interview questions, 5.1b Draft Report Template, 5.1c Draft Evaluation concepts
- D5.2 Summary of vision for guidance documents addressing TAC comments
- D5.3 Summary of data analysis and interview responses
- D5.4 Draft checklist, report template; and rubric for pilot testing
- D5.5 Pilot testing results summary
- D5.6 Final checklist and report template with TAC comments addressed
Task 6:0: Report study findings and training manual
- D6.1 Draft whitepaper
- D6.2 Final whitepaper addressing TAC comments
- D6.3 Draft SAM factsheet
- D6.4 Final SAM factsheet review
- D6.5 Draft training manual
- D6.6 Final training manual addressing TAC comments
Task 7.0: Coordinate with TAC and E&O coordination groups