We are seeking public comment on the City of Auburn's Shoreline Master Program (SMP) amendment. The public comment period will run from Dec. 16 to Dec. 31, 2019, at 5 p.m.
To comply with statutory requirements under RCW 90.58.080, the city conducted a review of their current SMP, which was adopted in 2009. Through this process, a number of amendments were identified to improve the SMP or update provisions to maintain consistency with state requirements. The proposed amendment includes:
- Updates to administrative procedures
- Integration of the city's current Critical Areas provisions
- Revisions to some of the non-conforming standards
We will compare the city of Auburn's proposed program to the requirements of the Shoreline Management Act and the Shoreline Master Program Guidelines. Based on the comparison we will decide whether to:
- Approve the program as is.
- Approve with recommended changes.
- Send the proposed program back to the city with required changes to meet statutory and rule requirements. Recommended changes may also be included with the required changes.
Public comment period
Opens: Dec. 16, 2019
Closes: Dec. 31, 2019, at 5 p.m.
All interested parties are invitied to provide comment during this public comment period. There are several ways to provide comments. You only need to submit your comments once.
Submit written comments and questions to:
Washington Department of Ecology
Northwest Regional Office
3190 – 160th Avenue SE
Bellevue, WA 98008-5452
Comments must be received no later than Dec. 31, 2019, at 5 p.m.
Documents for public review and comment
Note: All documents are PDF
- Locally adopted SMP amendment
- Background documents
Next steps: response to public comment and decision
A summary of comments will be posted here a few weeks after the comment period closes. We will also post the city of Auburn's response to comments and notice of our decision when they become available. Please check back.