On Oct. 16, 2019, we approved the city of Pacific's Shoreline Master Program (SMP) periodic review amendment. The effective date of Pacific's SMP is Oct. 30, 2019, 14 days after we provided notice to the city that their SMP was approved as submitted (per RCW 90.58.090).
The city's SMP periodic review amendment proposes to make minor changes to provisions regarding:
- Substantial development and freshwater dock cost thresholds.
- ADA retrofit permit exemptions, definitions, local review, and permit filing procedures.
- Transportation project review.
The changes also clarify applicability and bring shoreline critical areas provisions and the shoreline map of environment designations up-to-date with local circumstances.
The SMP applies to both the in-water and adjacent upland areas, including the floodplain and associated wetlands along about 1.4 miles of the White River.
Both mail and email were used to notify interested parties of the state public comment period held July 15 to Aug. 14, 2019. No comments were received.
Documents related to approval
Note: All documents are PDF
If you have trouble accessing documents, please contact Michelle McConnell.
- Per RCW 90.58.190(2), an interested party may file an appeal with the Growth Management Hearings Board within 60 days of the publication date of our written notice of final action.
- We plan to publish the notice of final action in the Auburn Reporter legal ads on Nov 1, 2019.