On July 24, 2019, we approved Ruston's Shoreline Master Program (SMP) amendment.
Ruston's amended SMP takes effect Aug. 7, 2019, 14 days after we provided notice to the city that their amendment was approved.
The proposed amendment was adopted by the City Council as Ordinance No. 1521 as part of the city's periodic review of its SMP.
Mail and email notices were used to notify interested parties of the public comment period. We also posted information to our website to encourage additional public participation and comment. No comments were received.
City revisions include:
- Updates and additions to the definitions, application requirements and the Nonconforming Use and Development provisions
- A change in the maximum depth for a boat ramp or rail
- New language addressing Department of Transportation projects, permit filing and moratoria authority
- New language identifying developments not required to contain shoreline permits or local reviews
- Updating the shoreline jurisdiction map to include a street view map background
Documents related to approval
Note: All documents are PDF
Paper copies of the above documents are available by contacting Kim Van Zwalenburg.
- Per RCW 90.58.190(2) and RCW 36.70A.290, and interested party may file an appeal with the Growth Management Hearing Board within 60 days of the publication date of our written notice of final action
- We plan to publish the notice of final action in the News Tribune legal ads on Aug. 15, 2019.