On Jan. 3, 2022, we approved the City of Sedro-Woolley’s (City) Shoreline Master Program (SMP) periodic update. Per RCW 90.58.090, the effective date of City of Sedro-Woolley’s shoreline program is Jan. 17, 2022, 14 days after we provided notice to the city that their SMP was approved.
The periodic review revises the existing SMP, to incorporate changes in local circumstances, the Shoreline Management Act and associated rules. The key changes the city proposed:
- New and revised definitions
- New cost threshold for building freshwater docks
- Clarification on permit filing procedures
- Added wetland buffer tables and clarification consistent with our implementation guidance for the 2014 wetlands rating system
- Revisions to Appendix C – Shoreline Critical Area Regulations
We held a public comment period July 26 – Aug. 26, 2021. We used email to notify interested parties of the public comment period. We did not receive any comments.
Documents related to approval
Paper copies of the above documents are available by contacting Stephanie Barney.