Public comment period is closed
We held a public comment period on the city of Snoqualmie's proposed comprehensive update to their Shoreline Master Program (SMP). The period for public comment was from Dec. 1, 2019, through Jan. 7, 2020.
We used mail and email to notify those who had expressed prior interest. We received 34 written comments, which focused on:
- Snoqualmie River buffers and water quality
- Borst Lake future recreation uses
- Public access
Response to public comment
We prepared a summary of public comments and sent this to the city on Jan. 21, 2020. The city provided us with their response to the public's comments on March 6, 2020. The response to comments is posted below. We anticipate an additional memo from the city to help support a number of the comment responses. This memo will also be posted when it's available.
Next steps: our decision
We will decide if Snoqualmie's proposed SMP update meets the requirements of the Shoreline Management Act and the Shoreline Master Program Guidelines. We will decide whether to:
- Approve the program as is.
- Approve with recommended changes.
- Send the SMP back to the city with required changes to meet statutory and rule requirements. Recommended changes may also be included with the required changes.
Documents for public review and comment
Note: all documents are PDF
If you have trouble accessing these documents, please contact David Pater.