On April 19, 2019, we approved the town of Steilacoom's Shoreline Master Program (SMP) amendment. Steilacoom's amended SMP is effective May 3, 2019, 14 days after we provided notice to the town that their amendment was approved.
The amendments were adopted by the Steilacoom Town Council as Ordinance No. 1599 as part of the town's periodic review of its SMP. These draft revisions include:
We used mail and email to notify interested parties of the public comment period held March 12 – April 11, 2019. We received no comments.
- Updating definitions for "development," "floodway," and "substantial development"
- Updating shoreline exemptions
- Adding a provision addressing the SMP periodic review process
- Adding a new section listing specific exceptions to local review that are consistent with the state Shoreline Management Act
Documents related to approval
Note: All documents are PDF.
Paper copies of the above documents are available by contacting Kim Van Zwalenburg.
- Per RCW 90.58.190(2) and RCW 36.70A.290, an interested party may file an appeal with the Growth Management Hearings Board within 60 days of the publication date of our written notice of final action.
- We plan to publish the notice of final action in the News Tribune legal ads on May 6, 2019.