Public comment period is closed
We used mail and e-mail to notify those who had expressed interest in the amendment and we issued a news release to encourage public participation and comment. Comments were received from two individuals and two agencies. Comments are focused on suggestions to add clarity to select provisions of the Shoreline Master Program (SMP).
Response to public comment
Ecology prepared a summary of public comments which was sent to the city of Blaine on February 7, 2017. The city provided a response to the public’s comments on June 2, 2017.
Next steps: Our decision
We will compare Blaine's proposed program to the requirements of the state Shoreline Management Act and our Shoreline Master Program Guidelines. Based on the comparison, we will decide whether to:
- Approve the program as is.
- Approve the program with recommended changes.
- Send the proposed program back to the city with required changes to meet statutory and rule requirements. Recommended changes may also be included with the required changes.
Documents related to approval
- Locally adopted shoreline master program
- Background documents
- City of Blaine Ordinance 09-2729: Chapter 17.82 Critical Areas Management, Revised, July 27, 2009
- City of Blaine Ordinance 12-2812: Chapter 17.86 Flood Hazard Regulations, Revised, April 23, 2012
- Blaine Wharf District Master Plan, 2007
- The Resort at Semiahmoo Master Development Plan, Revised 2014
- Restoration Plan, December 2014
- Cumulative Impacts Analysis, March 2015
- Shoreline Inventory and Analysis Report, Revised, December 2014