On April 17, 2018, we approved Olympia's Shoreline Master Program (SMP) amendment. Olympia's amended shoreline program is effective on May 1, 2018, 14 days after we provided notice to the city that their amendment was approved.
The proposed amendment to the Shoreline Master Program (SMP) will:
Ordinances 7030, 7090, and 7108 revise elements of the city's critical area regulations in Olympia Municipal Code 18.32 and include related changes in Olympia Municipal Code 18.02 and 18.37.
- Update the Critical Area Ordinance (CAO) reference in the SMP to include the recent CAO revisions (Resolution M-1921).
- Make minor corrections including the deletion of provisions no longer necessary due to the updated critical areas ordinance (Ordinance 7090, sections 3 and 4).
- Correct the official Shoreline Map to include the unused railway berm in BUDD-3B erroneously deleted in the comprehensive SMP update (Ordinance 7090, section 11).
We used mail and email to notify interested parties of the public comment period held March 7 – 22, 2018, and issued a blog post to encourage additional public participation and comment. We received comment from one person. Comments focused on concerns related to enforcement of the SMP. On March 26, 2018, we sent a copy of the comments to the city for their response. The comment and the city’s response have been incorporated into Attachment A.
Documents related to approval
Note: all documents are PDF
- Per RCW 90.58.190(2) and RCW 36.70A.290, an interested party may file an appeal with the Growth Management Hearings Board within 60 days of the publication date of our written notice of final action.
- We plan to publish the notice of final action in the Olympian legal ads the week of April 30, 2018.