On October 6, 2017, we approved Steilacoom’s limited amendment to their Shoreline Master Program (SMP). The amendment went into effect October 20, 2017. The amendments include revisions to the city's regulations on wetlands, frequently flooded areas, and fish and wildlife habitat conservation areas.
Revisions to the wetland provisions include:
- Referencing the federal delineation manual and applicable regional supplements
- Incorporating the 2014 wetland ratings system and related changes
Revisions to the frequently flooded areas provisions include:
- Adopting the 2017 Flood Insurance Study for Pierce County and Flood Insurance Rate Map
Revisions to the fish and wildlife habitat conservation areas include:
- Identifying a fish and wildlife habitat conservation area
Revisions were also made to the definitions of a number of other terms.
We used mail and email to notify interested parties about the public comment period held September 19 through October 4, 2017. We received no comments.
Documents related to approval
Note: All documents are PDF
If you have trouble accessing these documents, contact Kim Van Zwalenburg.
- Under state law, an interested party may file an appeal with the Growth Management Hearings Board within 60 days of the publication date of our written notice of final action.
- The notice of final action was published in the Tacoma News Tribune legal ads on October 20, 2017.