Connell Sand & Gravel, Connell
Air Quality Notice of Construction Application
Nov. 9, 2023 - Dec. 11, 2023, 11:59 p.m.
We propose to approve Connell Sand & Gravel's air quality notice of construction (NOC) application.
Connell Sand and Gravel submitted a notice of construction application to permit all stationary and portable equipment at both their Copp Pit and Bauer Sand Pit. The pits are located along Copp Road, north of State Route 260, about 7 miles east of Connell, in Franklin County. Operations in the pits include:
- Dry scalp plant
- Wash plant
- Sand plant
- Rock crushers
Numerous criteria pollutants and toxic air pollutants (particles, nitrogen oxides, and diesel engine exhaust particles) are associated with Connell Sand and Gravel's operations.
Documents for review
- Connell Sand & Gravel notice of construction (NOC) application and associated documents
- Connell Sand & Gravel SEPA & mitigated determination of non-significance
- Connell Sand & Gravel draft air permit (approval order)
- Connell Sand & Gravel draft technical support document
- Connell Sand & Gravel Health Impact Assessment (HIA)
- Connell Sand & Gravel Tier 2 Health Impact Assessment and recommendation letter
We determined this proposal satisfies the requirements of Chapter 173-400 WAC. We plan to approve the application.
To comment or request an online public hearing by December 11, 2023, use one of the ways listed below.
To find out if there are more records for this project, contact Ecology’s Public Records Office.
This notice was posted on November 9, 2023.
A notice of construction permit is required before installing a new source of air pollution or modifying an existing source of air pollution. This permit is sometimes called a "pre-construction permit" because a business must have one before starting construction or operating their business.
A notice of construction air permit limits the amount of air pollutants a business can emit.
- Submit your comment by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Comment by mail
Washington Department of Ecology Eastern Regional Office
4601 North Monroe Street
Spokane, WA 99205-1295
To request ADA accommodation, contact Ecology's ADA Coordinator by email at email@example.com, or call 360-407-6831, 711 (relay service), or 877-833-6341 (TTY). More about our accessibility services.