The Environmental Performance Partnership Agreement (agreement) documents the commitments between Ecology and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Region 10 office and describes many activities of the water, waste, and air programs. The agreement establishes and implements a joint work plan for administering the federal grant dollars that EPA provides us for air quality, water quality, and hazardous waste management.
Ecology and EPA share responsibility to meet environmental and related public health priorities of Washington state. The purpose of this agreement is to:
- Recognize mutual environmental goals, strategies, activities, and performance measures.
- Re-commit to maintain a core level of environmental protection for all of Washington’s residents in a manner that supports and advances environmental justice.
- Use indicators that reflect environmental conditions, trends, and results to measure environmental progress.
- Collaborate on opportunities to advance children’s health.
- Re-commit to collaborate with tribal partners and other states.
- Describe the joint Resource Conservation and Recovery Act Work Plan and resource allocations for managing the federal grant dollars that EPA provides to Ecology for air quality, water quality, and hazardous waste management.