Air & Climate
- Air monitoring network – current air quality conditions from air monitoring stations that measure air pollution across Washington.
Water & Shorelines
- Flood hazard maps – do you live or work in a floodplain? Flood hazard maps help determine the flood risk to your home or business.
- Lake data map – see data, including toxic algae, from state lakes where we do monitoring.
- Public beaches (Coastal Atlas) – maps and information about public beaches in Washington state.
- Shoreline aerial photos – current and historical photos of coastal, sound and inland shorelines.
- Swimming beach closures (Coastal Atlas) – maps and information about beach closures in and around Puget Sound and Washington's ocean beaches.
- Water Quality Atlas – maps and information about the state's lakes, rivers, streams, and estuaries.
- Well report viewer – information on the location, ownership, construction details, and lithology of completed wells.
Waste & Toxics
Cleanup & Spills
- Contaminated sites – we have a couple of ways you can learn more about polluted properties we're cleaning up:
- Dirt Alert map – shows the general pattern of arsenic contamination from the Asarco Tacoma Smelter. You can also view information about other areas of arsenic contamination statewide.
- Spills map – an interactive map showing the estimated crude oil movement by rail in Washington.
Doing business with Ecology
- Air Permit Search – find final Prevention of Significant Deterioration (PSD) permits and air operating permits (AOP).
- EcoEPay – we accept online payments for some permits and fees. Use this tool to make a payment.
- Facility/Site database – access information on facilities and sites of interest to Ecology.
- Hazardous waste facilities in Washington State search tool – use this tool to access public records from regulated dangerous waste sites in Washington. This data comes from TurboWaste, Washington’s dangerous waste reporting tool.
- Plastic producer registration and reporting – includes guidance to help producers comply with the new Postconsumer Recycled Content for Plastic Containers rule (Chapter 173-925 WAC).
- Polluted waters - 303(d) Listing – listing of streams, lakes, and estuaries whose beneficial uses are impaired by pollutants.
- Water quality permit databases – information on water quality permits for municipalities, industries, dairies, fish-rearing facilities, stormwater, sand and gravel operations, and aquatic pesticides.
- Water rights search – records can be searched by: location, document/record number, name of the person to whom the water right was issued, or name of the claimant, if it is a water right claim.
Secure tools requiring log-in
See more regulatory online tools – go to our Regulations & Permits collection and select "Online Tools" in the Category filter on the left.
- Air quality monitoring — this database provides near real-time air quality information to protect health. It's used to determine if air quality meets health-based federal standards.
- Environmental Information Management (EIM) — access discrete and time-series environmental data for air, water, soil, sediment, aquatic animals, and plants.
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) data — description
- Lake environmental data — Washington state lake data includes: aquatic plants, toxic algae, herbicide use, and fish management.
- Long-term marine water quality data — information from all saltwater sampling since 1989.
- Marine sediment data - we measure levels of chemicals & toxicity, and identifying invertebrates in Puget Sound sediments.
- Product testing database — various consumer products are tested to ensure state and federal rules are met. The presence of a chemical in a product does not necessarily mean it's unsafe. See the focus sheet ror more information.
- Freshwater DataStream: Flow Monitoring Network — Map-based application for continuous freshwater data, including nearly real-time information on streamflow and water quality.
- Freshwater Information Network (FIN) — searchable river and stream data from Environmental Information Management (EIM)
See more scientific online tools — Go to our Research & Data collection and select "Online Tools" in the Category filter on the left.
The following apps are available for download to your mobile device:
- Air Quality WA – air-monitoring network to accurately measure air pollution and meteorology conditions around the state
- Pump out, don't dump out – See the Puget Sound No Discharge Zone boundary; find the closest pumpout, dump station, or restroom to any location.