Chapter 173-201A WAC (revisions)
Dec. 30, 2019, we adopted amendments to Chapter 173-201A WAC, Water Quality Standards for Surface Waters of the State of Washington.
We considered the following revisions:
- Amending the numeric criteria for total dissolved gas in the Snake and Columbia rivers:
- WAC 173-201A-200(1)(f)(ii)
- Amending specific sections of the rule to meet legal obligations in a 2018 Stipulated Order of Dismissal:
- WAC 173-201A-200(1)(c)(ii)(B)
- WAC 173-201A-210(1)(c)(ii)(B)
- WAC 173-201A-240(5) Table 240 footnote dd
- Aligning the rule with the Washington State Department of Health Shellfish Program:
- WAC 173-201A-210(2)(b) (This was not included in proposed language see Proposal Notice for more information)
- Clarifying the descriptions of marine water aquatic life use designations:
- WAC 173-201A-210(1)(a)
- WAC 173-201A-610 Table 610
Announcement phase (CR-101)
May 8, 2019
Rule development phaseMay 2019 - July 2019
Public input & involvement
May 8 to May 29, 2019: We held a public comment period on the scope of the Environmental Impact Statement.
Rule proposal phase (CR-102)
July 30, 2019
- Proposal Notice – CR-102 form
- Proposed rule language
- Preliminary Regulatory Analyses
- Draft Rule Implementation Plan
- Draft Environmental Impact Statement (EIS)
July 31 to Sept. 26, 2019: We held a public comment period on the proposed rule language.
Rule adoption phase (CR-103)
Dec. 30, 2019
Jan. 30, 2020
To request ADA accommodation for disabilities, or printed materials in a format for the visually impaired, contact Ecology's ADA Coordinator by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 360-407-6831. People with impaired hearing may call Washington Relay Service at 711. People with speech disability may call TTY at 877-833-6341.