The Environmental Performance Partnership Agreement establishes and implements a joint work plan for administering federal grant dollars that the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) provides to Ecology for air quality, water quality, and hazardous waste management.
The purpose of this agreement is to:
- Recognize mutual environmental goals, strategies, activities, and performance measures.
- Re-commit to maintain a core level of environmental protection for all of Washington’s residents in a manner that supports and advances environmental justice.
- Use indicators that reflect environmental conditions, trends, and results to measure environmental progress.
- Collaborate on opportunities to advance children’s health.
- Re-commit to collaborate with tribal partners and other states.