Facility greenhouse gas reports

Washington requires some facilities and transportation fuel suppliers to annually report their greenhouse gas emissions. Our program uses the same emission calculation methods as the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) greenhouse gas reporting program. We use these reports to better understand the amount and sources of carbon pollution in Washington.

Washington’s 2017 greenhouse gas report and map. Click image to enlarge map.

Reporting your greenhouse gas emissions

The information below will help you report your facility's emissions for the required greenhouse gas (GHG) reporting program. If you're a transportation fuel supplier, you have special reporting instructions that you can view on our transportation fuel supplier greenhouse gas reporting page. 

Some facilities that are required to report their emissions to us are also required to report to the EPA. Please visit their website for more information about the EPA greenhouse gas reporting program.

Who is required to report in Washington?

  • Facilities that emit at least 10,000 metric tons of carbon dioxide equivalent (CO2e) per year in Washington.
  • Suppliers of liquid motor vehicle fuel, special fuel, or aircraft fuel that provide products equivalent to at least 10,000 metric tons of carbon dioxide per year in Washington.

Steps to register your facility and report your greenhouse gases

Reporting deadlines

Types of reporters Reporting deadlines
Facilities who report GHGs to both Ecology and EPA March 31 of the following year
Facilities who report to Ecology only Oct. 31 of the following year
Transportation fuel suppliers Oct. 31 of the following year

Reporting fees