Manufacturers of electronics that are recycled through the E-Cycle WA program pay a fee to cover the costs associated with implementing the program.
Establishing the administrative fee schedule
We assess an annual administrative fee to cover costs for implementing the E-Cycle WA electronic product recycling program. This fee is separate from any fees that may be assessed by an E-Cycle WA electronics recycling plan approved by Ecology.
We may use any combination of the following data to establish the administrative fee:
- Generally available market research data;
- Covered electronic product unit sales data supplied by manufacturers for brands they manufacture or sell; and/or
- Covered electronic product unit sales data supplied by retailers for brands they sell.The administrative fee will be distributed among manufacturers on a sliding scale based on tiers that are representative of annual sales of covered electronic products in or into Washington. We will publish the preliminary tier schedule by June 1 of each calendar year.
2018 Final Administrative Fee Tier Schedule
||Weight (lbs) Sold
||Manufacturer's percentage of total weight market share
||2018 Fee Amount
||2,112,550 and above
||5% or greater
||422,510 - 2,112,549
||1% to < 5%
||42,251 - 422,509
||0.1% to < 1%
||12,675 - 42,250
||0.03% to < 0.1%
||4,225 - 12,674
||0.01% to < 0.03%
||1 - 4,224
Tier reassignment request
Manufacturers will have until July 1 to submit a request for tier reassignment for that year if they believe they have been assigned to the wrong tier. To request a tier reassignment, a manufacturer must do one of the following:
- Submit or update their on-line manufacturer registration form and provide the number of CEP units sold in the prior calendar year in or into Washington; or
- Send to Ecology, in writing, the number of CEP units sold in the prior calendar year in or into Washington; or
- Contact Jade Monroe at 360-407-7157.
If covered electronic product unit sales data is provided, we will exempt this data from public disclosure in accordance with RCW 42.56.270. To protect information as proprietary, contact Christine Haun at 360-407-6107 for further instructions.
Final tier schedule
By August 1 of each year, we will publish the final tier schedule on this web site. The final tier schedule will reflect Ecology's evaluation of all available data including tier reassignment requests.