Class 4 marinas are not required to submit a written spill response plan for our approval, but in most cases, a written response plan will help owners and operators comply with our rules. We strongly recommend that each facility develop a written plan.
Response plans include this information:
- Initial actions list
- Required notifications and additional contact information
- Emergency shutdown procedures
- Facility description and site plan
- Response equipment and equipment maintenance program
- Sensitive areas
- Waste disposal
- Material safety data sheets (MSDS)
- Semi-annual reporting requirements
- Plan review and update
Our spill response guide for Class 4 facilities
will help you develop a response plan for your facility.