Ecology proposes to update Chapter 173-455 WAC, Air Quality Fee Rule which combines most of the air quality-related fees. This rulemaking will update sections -038, -050, -100, -120, -130, and -140. Other sections of this chapter may be added, to support these revisions, if necessary.
Ecology is proposing to update the permitting fee structure to:
- Achieve full cost recovery for issuing permits.
- Establish a process to revise future new source review (NSR) fees.
Specifically, this rulemaking will consider the following changes:
- Update the hourly fee rate to reflect the new rate
- Section -050 – Carbon dioxide mitigation fee
- Section -100 – Fee related to reasonably available control technology (RACT)
- Section -120 – New source review fee
- Section -130 – Air pollution standards variance fee
- Section -140 – Nonroad engine permit fee
- Section -038 – Add greenhouse gas reporting fee, found in Chapter 173-441 WAC, Reporting of Emissions of Greenhouse Gases.
- Section -100
- Relocate fee established by RCW 70A.15.2220 for replacement or substantial alteration of control technology to the permit fee section to improve usability.
- Evaluate whether a flat fee or an updated hourly rate is the appropriate fee for these reviews.
- Update rule language to improve readability and clarity.
- Update outdated references from Chapter 70.94 RCW to Chapter 70A.15 RCW.
Announcement phase (CR-101)
Sept. 23, 2021
Rule development phase
September 23, 2021 – Fall 2022
Public input & involvement
Ecology's meetings with stakeholders
1 Webinar information:
Register for each webinar to get your meeting ID and passcode.
To hear the webinar better or to call in only, use your phone (instead of the computer) to call 253-215-8782.
If you need help logging into the webinar, call 360-764-6663.
To request ADA accommodation for disabilities, or printed materials in a format for the visually impaired, contact Ecology's ADA Coordinator by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 360-407-6831. People with impaired hearing may call Washington Relay Service at 711.
People with speech disability may call TTY at 877-833-6341.