Ecology is beginning a rulemaking for multiple revisions to Chapter 173-201A WAC, Water Quality Standards for Surface Waters of the State of Washington
This rulemaking will consider:
- Amending the numeric criteria for total dissolved gas in the Snake and Columbia rivers:
- WAC 173-201A-200(1)(f)(ii)
- Amending specific sections of the rule to meet legal obligations in a 2018 Stipulated Order of Dismissal:
- WAC 173-201A-200(1)(c)(ii)(B)
- WAC 173-201A-210(1)(c)(ii)(B)
- WAC 173-201A-240(5) Table 240 footnote dd
- Aligning the rule with the Washington State Department of Health Shellfish Program:
- Clarifying the descriptions of marine water aquatic life use designations:
- WAC 173-201A-210(1)(a)
- WAC 173-201A-610 Table 610
Other sections of Chapter 173-201A WAC may be amended, as necessary, to support any revisions to the sections noted above.
Announcement phase (CR-101)
May 8, 2019
Rule development phase
May 2019 - July 2019
Public input & involvement
May 8 to May 29, 2019
: We held a public comment period on the scope of the Environmental Impact Statement.
To request ADA accommodation for disabilities, or printed materials in a format for the visually impaired, contact Ecology's ADA Coordinator by email at email@example.com, or call 360-407-6831. People with impaired hearing may call Washington Relay Service at 711.
People with speech disability may call TTY at 877-833-6341.