We have started the rulemaking process for multiple revisions to Chapter 173-201A WAC, Water Quality Standards for Surface Waters of the State of Washington.
During the initial phase we considered the following revisions.
- Amending the numeric criteria for total dissolved gas in the Snake and Columbia rivers:
- WAC 173-201A-200(1)(f)(ii)
- Amending specific sections of the rule to meet legal obligations in a 2018 Stipulated Order of Dismissal:
- WAC 173-201A-200(1)(c)(ii)(B)
- WAC 173-201A-210(1)(c)(ii)(B)
- WAC 173-201A-240(5) Table 240 footnote dd
- Aligning the rule with the Washington State Department of Health Shellfish Program:
- WAC 173-201A-210(2)(b) (This was not included in proposed language see Proposal Notice for more information)
- Clarifying the descriptions of marine water aquatic life use designations:
- WAC 173-201A-210(1)(a)
- WAC 173-201A-610 Table 610
See where we are in the process to see which revisions we are moving forward in the process.
Other sections of Chapter 173-201A WAC may be amended, as necessary, to support any revisions to the sections noted above.
To request ADA accommodation for disabilities, or printed materials in a format for the visually impaired, contact Ecology's ADA Coordinator by email at email@example.com, or call 360-407-6831. People with impaired hearing may call Washington Relay Service at 711.
People with speech disability may call TTY at 877-833-6341.