SEPA Guidance on Categorical Exemptions
Under state SEPA rules, categorical exemptions apply to types of proposals or agency actions. Often, there are exceptions to these exemption rules.
There are three separate authorities containing SEPA exemptions:
- Statutory exemptions in SEPA (RCW 43.21c)
- State SEPA rule exemptions found in Chapter 197-11 WAC section 9.
- City and county optional provisions including:
- Flexible exemption levels for minor new construction projects.
- Eliminate exemptions in critical areas.
- In-fill exemptions.