Regulations & Permits

We oversee many state and federal laws designed to protect Washington's land, air, and water. Rules and regulations that direct state agencies, local governments, businesses, and others on how to comply with relevant laws are compiled in the Washington Administrative Code. See our laws, rules, & rulemaking page for more information about our current rules and rulemaking.
1119 results 1 - 20 of 1119   Next page
Certification for incinerator & landfill operators
How to get certified to operate and inspect solid waste incinerator and landfill facilities.
Certified water right examiner certification
We share information to help you gain or maintain your certified water right examiner certification.
Combined sewer overflows
We're working to control combined sewer overflows to keep water clean.
Cruise ships in Washington waters
Formal agreement with cruise ship companies helps prevent pollution and protect marine waters.
Dam permits
Construction or reservoir permits may be required for your project.
EPA Vessel General Permit
Find out about the EPA Vessel General Permit and tap into helpful resources.
Training and certification for facilities
Well-trained facility staff are critical for an effective spill prevention program.
Fresh Fruit Packing General Permit
Find out about the Fresh Fruit Packing General Permit and get helpful resources.
Industrial facility permits and regulation
We regulate air, water, and waste for most of the large industrial facilities in Washington.
Aquatic pesticide permits
Find information about the various aquatic pesticide permits used in our state.
Bridge & Ferry Terminal Washing Permit
This permit protects water from cleaning and painting activities at bridges and ferry terminals.
Regulating facilities that handle mixed waste in Washington State
Ecology regulates low-level mixed waste facilities in Washington.
Shoreline permits & enforcement
We support local governments in administering and enforcing shoreline permits.
Solid waste facility permits
Learn which facilities are required to get solid waste permits in Washington.
Stormwater general permits
We issue permits to protect lakes, rivers, and saltwater from polluted stormwater runoff.
Sand & Gravel General Permit
This permit covers sand and gravel operations, rock quarries, and concrete and asphalt batch plants.
Voluntary certification program membership for tank vessel spill prevention
Our voluntary spill-prevention certification programs (VBAP and ECOPRO) improve the safety of Washington waters.
Wastewater Operator Certification Program
We assure wastewater treatment plant operators are competent, trained, and certified.
Water Treatment Plant General Permit
We regulate drinking water facilities through the use of this permit.
Overview of permitting & certifications
Find information on how to get a permit or certification from Ecology.
1119 results 1 - 20 of 1119   Next page