Regulations & Permits

We oversee many state and federal laws designed to protect Washington's land, air, and water. Rules and regulations that direct state agencies, local governments, businesses, and others on how to comply with relevant laws are compiled in the Washington Administrative Code. See our laws, rules, & rulemaking page for more information about our current rules and rulemaking.
226 results 1 - 20 of 226   Next page
Advance notice of oil transfer
We require certain types of facilities and vessels to tell us in advance when they are transferring oil.
Register for E-Cycle Washington
Register online for E-Cycle Washington through SecureAccess Washington (SAW).
Emergency response towing vessel
The emergency response towing vessel (ERTV) helps prevent oil spills from ships and barges.
Solid waste facility forms
Find commonly used Ecology reporting forms, facility checklists for solid waste facilities.
Water metering reporting
You can report your water meter use data using our online reporting system.
Well construction reporting & well report gateway
Resource protection well reports can be submitted online.
What to do if you spill oil or hazardous substances
Spills to water must be reported immediately to help reduce impacts to the environment.
Well construction notice of intent
Before you drill a well, you must submit a notice of intent to us 72 hours before drilling starts.
Registration for transporters of recyclable materials
Find forms and information for registering as a transporter of recyclable materials.
Children's Safe Products reporting rule guidance
Manufacturers, find out how to report under Washington's Children's Safe Products Act.
Vessel emergency reporting
We require vessels to report spills — or threats of spills — within one hour.
Washington Emissions Inventory Reporting System (WEIRS)
Submit your emissions data via WEIRS.
Chemicals of high concern to children reporting list
List of chemicals companies need to report to us under the Children's Safe Products Reporting Rule.
Pollution prevention plan
Some businesses are required to submit a plan to reduce hazardous substance use and dangerous waste.
Annual air quality registration
Emission registration program for industrial air pollution.
Small quantity generators
Your business may be a small quantity generator of dangerous waste.
Stormwater Action Monitoring - Administering pooled resources
Credible and transparent administration of Stormwater Action Monitoring program.
Bioretention amendment with fungi study
Stormwater Action Monitoring effectiveness study: Using plants and fungi to improve performance.
Bioretention hydrologic performance studies
Stormwater Action Monitoring effectiveness study: Bioretention facility hydrologic performance.
Bioretention reduction of PCBs study
Stormwater Action Monitoring effectiveness study: Reducing PCBs through bioretention.
226 results 1 - 20 of 226   Next page