The proposed Umbrella mitigation bank is located in Whatcom County, near the City of Bellingham. The bank includes four separate sites totaling 607.6 acres. The Interagency Review Team is beginning the review process for this bank.
Project sponsor contact
City of Bellingham
Habitat and Restoration Program Manager
104 W. Magnolia Street
Bellingham, WA 98225
Site location and details
- Water Resources Inventory Area 1, Whatcom County
- See the site vicinity maps to view the four sites currently proposed, or find further specific site details below.
- Location: east of Interstate 5, along Northwest Drive
- Size: 95.6 acres
- Site actions: preserve headwater wetlands and enhance wetland and uplands to improve habitat structure and function.
- Location: north of State Route 542, south of the intersection of East Smith Road and Wahl Road
- Size: 158.7 acres
- Site actions: preserve and enhance headwater wetlands, riparian areas, and associated uplands.
- Location: north of SR 542, northwest of the intersection of Van Wyck and Noon roads
- Size: 81.9 acres
- Site actions: establish, rehabilitate, and enhance wetlands and riparian areas, enhance and preserve associated uplands, and remove on-site fish barrier.
- Location: south of the intersection of SR 542 and Mission Road
- Size: 271.4 acres
- Site actions: preserve headwater wetlands and associated upland forest, rehabilitate farmed wetlands and riparian areas, and remove on-site fish barrier.