Port of Seattle Wetland Mitigation and Habitat Conservation Umbrella Bank
The proposed Umbrella bank is located in King County, near the city of Seattle. The mitigation bank includes three separate sites totaling approximately 60 acres. The Interagency Review Team is beginning the review process on this bank.
Port of Seattle
Permitting and Compliance Senior Manager
PO Box 1209
Seattle, WA 98111
- Joint Corps and Ecology public notice: February 2021, with Prospectus.
Site location and details
- Water Resources Inventory Area 9, King County
- See the site vicinity maps to view the three sites currently proposed or find further site specific details below.
- Location: east of Harbor Island, along the southeast bank of the Lower Duwamish Waterway, north of South Spokane Street and south of the active Terminal 25 container cargo facility at 2917 E. Marginal Way S.
- Size: 12 acres.
- Site actions: Re-establish estuarine wetland functions across the site as well as to re-establish and create riparian habitat and off-channel rearing and refuge habitat for salmonids and other migratory and resident fish and wildlife in the East Waterway.
- Location: south of Harbor Island, along the west bank of the Lower Duwamish Waterway, bordered by the South Park Marina to the north, Dallas Avenue South to the northwest, and the Boeing South Park facility to the southwest.
- Size: 14 acres.
- Site actions: Re-establish estuarine wetland functions across the site, as well as to re-establish and create riparian habitat and off-channel rearing and refuge habitat for salmonids and other migratory and resident fish and wildlife in the Lower Duwamish Waterway.
- Location: south of S. 277th Street, just east of the intersection of 45th Street NE and I Street NE in Auburn, approximately 28 river miles upstream from the mouth of the Green-Duwamish River at Elliott Bay.
- Size: 34 acres.
- Site actions: Re-establish and enhance wetlands; enhance and preserve associated uplands.