Columbia River Basin water management grant
Established in 2006 under Chapter 90.90 RCW, the Columbia River Water Management Program seeks to meet current and future water needs along the Columbia River and its tributaries. The Office of Columbia River (OCR) is charged with "aggressively pursuing" water solutions that meet water needs for families, industry, farms, ecosystems, and fish. OCR works to resolve conflicts over water and provide water security in the face of drought and changing climate.
OCR, in coordination with stakeholders, develops and implements a suite of water supply development projects that are vetted with the Columbia River Policy Advisory Group, a broad-based stakeholder group. Funding opportunities are available to federal, state, local, and tribal governments and quasi-government entities (i.e., irrigation districts and conservation districts).
- Amount of funding available: Established with each enacted capital budget
- Grant award limit: None
- Amount of matching funds required: None
Applications are not being accepted at this time.
Applications are not being accepted at this time. If you have questions about a potential Columbia River Water Management project and whether it qualifies, contact Jennifer Stephens.
Funding is available for the following entities:
- Federal, state, local, and tribal governments and quasi-government entities (i.e., irrigation districts and conservation districts).
- Locate water sources for pending water right applications.
- Develop water sources for new municipal, domestic, industrial, and irrigation needs.
- Issue water supply and demand reports.
- Secure alternatives to groundwater for agricultural users in the Odessa Subarea.
- Find a new uninterruptible supply of water for those whose rights are curtailed on the Columbia mainstem when minimum flows are forecast to be unmet.
- Make water available for instream benefits when needed most.
More information about this funding program
- Columbia River Basin Water Management Funding Program Guidelines 2023-2025 Biennium
- Columbia River Basin Water Management Application Instructions and Managing Your Grant in EAGL 2023-2025 Biennium