Report an environmental issue
We respond to incidents that pollute and damage land, air, and water. You can help protect the environment by immediately telling us if you see a problem that is causing pollution. The sooner we know, the sooner we can take action.
What to report
- Report a spill to water immediately. Call 1-800-OILS-911 (1-800-645-7911).
- Please report all emergencies, including spills in water, by phone.
- Residents and businesses are encouraged to report anything that may be polluting land, air, or water. When in doubt, call us.
Problem sources we want to know about include:
- Spilled oil or other hazardous material
- Smoke caused by non-permitted burning
- Illegal dumping
- Illegal water use
- Polluted, oily, or murky water (high turbidity)
Please provide the following information, if known:
- What is the problem?
- Where is the problem?
- What kind of material is involved?
- How much is there?
- Who is responsible for the material?
Report other spills and environmental problems by web form, email or phone
If you see pollution or an environmental problem, you can report it via web form, email or phone. Our Environmental Report Tracking System (ERTS) staff will follow up.
- Contact the Ecology region office in the county where the problem is located.
- Call any time, 24 hours a day.
- If you are asked to leave a message, please do so and someone will call you back soon.
- You may request that your personal information remain confidential.