We respond to incidents that damage land, air, and water. You can help protect the environment by immediately telling us if you see a problem that is causing pollution. The sooner we know, the sooner we can take action.
What to report
- Report a spill to water immediately. Call 1-800-OILS-911 (1-800-645-7911).
- Please report all emergencies, including spills in water, by phone.
- Citizens and businesses are encouraged to report anything that may be polluting land, air, or water. When in doubt, call us.
Problem sources we want to know about include:
- Spilled oil or other hazardous material
- Smoke caused by non-permitted burning
- Illegal dumping
- Illegal water use
- Polluted, oily, or murky water (high turbidity)
Be ready with as much of the following information as possible:
- What is the problem?
- Where is the problem?
- What kind of material is involved?
- How much is there?
- Who is responsible for the material?
Contact our regional offices
Report other spills and environmental problems by web form, email or phone
- Contact the Ecology regional office in the county where the problem is located.
- Call any time, 24 hours a day.
- If you are asked to leave a message, please do so and someone will call you back soon.
- You may request that your personal information remain confidential.