IPs typically serve 11-month AmeriCorps member positions within a sponsor organization assisting biologists, foresters, environmental educators, and more. Typical projects include:
- Engaging in environmental research.
- Creating outreach materials to recruit volunteers and / or inform the public about environmental topics.
- Assisting with monitoring projects.
- Designing restoration projects.
Due to the technical nature of these positions, a college degree is preferred but not required. Candidates accepting one of these positions will commit to 11 months of AmeriCorps service (October-early September). Transfer to other WCC positions for IP members will not be approved.
Interested in joining our IP program? Learn more about our AmeriCorps member positions
(eligibility, earnings, recruitment schedule, and application process).
- King Conservation District
- Mid-Columbia Fisheries Enhancement Group
- North Olympic Salmon Coalition
- Puget Sound Restoration Fund
- Snohomish Conservation District
- U.S. Forest Service / Mount Baker Snoqualmie National Forest
- Washington Department of Natural Resources
- Washington Department of Ecology
- Washington Trails Association