Join the Washington Departments of Ecology and Health for a public comment meeting on the Draft Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS) Chemical Action Plan (CAP).
Share feedback with us
We invite the public, business and industry representatives, non-governmental organizations, local governments, state agencies, tribal nations, and all others interested to provide comments on the Draft PFAS CAP after a brief presentation on the CAP development process.
CAPs are advisory in nature, so the plan does not create new regulations or restrictions. Ecology is seeking feedback specifically on the recommendations outlined in the CAP. They are:
- Ensure drinking water is safe.
- Manage environmental PFAS contamination.
- Reduce PFAS in products.
- Understand and manage PFAS in waste.
Registration and meeting information
- Register early for the online public comment meeting.
- We recommend joining using your computer audio if you want to provide a comment.
- If you join using your phone audio only, dial *3 to raise your hand if you want to comment. We will unmute your audio for you to provide your comment verbally.
- Each public comment meeting will be the same, so if you miss a meeting, you can still attend at a different time or comment online.
- Please note that we are recording the public comment portion of the meetings. Any information you provide may be subject to public disclosure.
Under Washington Administrative Code 173-333, the departments of Ecology and Health developed the Draft PFAS CAP to identify the potential health and environmental impacts of PFAS and to recommend actions to reduce or eliminate those impacts in Washington. Ecology and Health invite the advisory committee, the public, and all interested stakeholders to review and share comments on the Draft PFAS CAP.