Coronavirus (COVID-19) status update
In response to the Stay Home, Stay Healthy order we are no longer able to process mailed hard copy registrations. Please use our online registration process (see below for more information) or scan (photo ok) any paper registration UIC wells and email them to: email@example.com.
Thank you for your patience with any increased response times.
Owners or operators of proposed — or existing — underground injection control wells may register their wells online using SecureAccess Washington. A SecureAccess Washington (SAW) account provides access to a growing list of government services while ensuring your privacy.
Registrations for UIC wells that manage stormwater must be submitted 60 days prior to well construction
We revised the timing of when you need to submit a UIC registration in our 2019 revisions to the stormwater manuals. Beginning on Oct. 1, 2019, while in the design process of a new project proposing to manage stormwater with UIC wells, you must submit a registration at least 60 days prior to beginning well construction.
Projects with at least 30 percent design completed on Oct. 1 can continue to use the 2006 Guidance for UIC wells that Manage Stormwater and you must submit registration prior to construction. After Dec. 1, 2019, the UIC BMPs in 2019 stormwater manuals will supersede the 2006 Guidance.
Create a SAW account
To create a SecureAccess Washington (SAW) account, complete the sign up sequence.
- Enter your information into the SAW registration page, including your name and email address.
- Activate your SAW account by following the directions in your confirmation email.
- Log in to access your account and add the "Water Quality Underground Injection Control Application" service.
Add service for UIC Wells Registration
- Login to SecureAccess Washington.
- Select “Add a new Service”
- Search for "Water Quality Underground Injection Control Application" service.
- Click “Apply” in the left column. Your registration request will be sent to the Washington State Department of Ecology. Approval will take one or more business days. You will receive an approval email.
Register your UIC Well
- Login to SecureAccess Washington
- Select “My Services”
- Select the "Water Quality Underground Injection Control Application"
- Complete the online UIC registration form
If you need registration help, or have a large number of UIC wells to register, please contact us.