We are seeking informal public input on draft rule language of the Dangerous Waste Regulations (Chapter 173-303 WAC) from Nov. 22, 2019 to Dec. 23, 2019.
What are the proposed changes?
We plan to amend Jourspecific sections of the dangerous waste regulations to incorporate new federal hazardous waste rules, including but not limited to:
- Management Standards for Hazardous Waste Pharmaceuticals and Amendments to the P075 Listing for Nicotine. 84 FR 5816; February 22, 2019
- Safe Management of Recalled Airbags. 83 FR 61552; November 30, 2018
- Hazardous Waste Management System: User Fees for the Electronic Hazardous Waste Manifest System and Amendments to Manifest Regulations. 83 FR 420; January 3, 2018
State-initiated amendments will also include:
- Corrections and clarifications to the Generator Improvements rule and other dangerous waste rules adopted January 28, 2019.
- Updating Biological Testing Methods for the Designation of Dangerous Waste publication 80-12.
- Other clarifications and corrections as necessary.
Comment on these proposed changes
We have posted documents for your review under the Public Input and Involvement section:
- Summary of draft rule amendment language
- Draft rule amendment language for Dangerous Waste Regulations
Announcement phase (CR-101)
Aug. 2, 2019
Aug. 2, 2019
Rule development phase
Aug. 2, 2019 - Spring 2020
Public input & involvement
Draft documents for review
Join our webinar
We held an informational webinar on the draft rule amendments on Dec. 2, 2019 from 1-3 p.m.
Submit your comments online Nov. 22 to Dec. 23, 2019
To request ADA accommodation for disabilities, or printed materials in a format for the visually impaired, contact Ecology's ADA Coordinator by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 360-407-6831. People with impaired hearing may call Washington Relay Service at 711.
People with speech disability may call TTY at 877-833-6341.