We require facilities in Washington that receive crude oil by rail to submit advance notice for each new shipment scheduled for delivery.
Advance notice should be submitted:
- For the upcoming 7-day period
- Before a crude oil by rail shipment enters the state
Facilities submit notice through our web-based Advance Notice of Oil Transfer (ANT) System.
Information reported must include:
- Contact information of the reporting facility
- Region of origin of crude oil
- Railroad route taken to the facility within the state (if known)
- Scheduled delivery date and volume in barrels of the delivery
- API gravity of the crude oil
- Designation of the crude oil as sweet or sour
- Vapor pressure of the crude oil
Facilities must report notice information into our web-based Advance Notice of Oil Transfer (ANT) system. The State Emergency Management Division, the Utilities and Transportation Commission, and any county, city, tribal, port, and local government emergency response agency may also access this data.
Step 1: Register for Secure Access Washington (SAW).
The SAW system protects the transfer of proprietary information.
Step 2: Submit notices through the Advance Notice of Oil Transfer (ANT) System.