Federal waste codes
Federal waste codes begin with F, K, P, U, or D:
Washington state-only waste codes
Washington has some waste codes that are not covered in the federal definition of hazardous waste. Washington state-only waste codes begin with a W and fall into two categories
Designate your waste for Washington state-online criteria.
The codes are:
- WP01—Persistent dangerous wastes, halogenated organic compounds (EHW).
- WP02—Persistent dangerous wastes, halogenated organic compounds (DW).
- WP03—Persistent dangerous wastes, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (EHW).
- WPCB—Wastes that designate as state-specific PCB sources (DW).
- WT01—Toxic dangerous waste, extremely hazardous (EHW).
- WT02—Toxic dangerous waste (DW).
- WSC2—Solid or semi-solid corrosive waste (DW).
State-only dangerous waste might also be a special waste.