Yakima Basin Integrated Planning Grant
In 2013, under Chapter 90.38 RCW, the Legislature authorized funding for the initial development phase of the Yakima Basin Integrated Plan (YBIP), a consensus-based effort to assure sustainable water supplies for families, farms, and fish in the Yakima River Basin over the next 30 years.
Funding opportunities are undertaken according to Chapter 90.38 RCW and are selected through a subcommittee review and scoring process based on a stakeholder consensus approach. Yakima Basin Integrated Plan Subcommittees are composed of Yakima River Basin Water Enhancement Project (YRBWEP) Workgroup members, a broad based stakeholder group, with the relevant subject matter expertise for each subcommittee. Funding opportunities are available to federal, state, local, and tribal government entities and quasi-government entities (e.g., irrigation districts and conservation districts).
- Amount of funding available: Established with each enacted capital budget
- Grant award limit: None
- Amount of matching funds required: None
Applications are not being accepted at this time.
Applications are not being accepted at this time. If you have questions about a potential Yakima Basin Integrated Plan project and whether it qualifies, contact the Ecology individual identified below.
Funding is available for the following entities:
Federal, state, local, and tribal government entities and quasi-government entities (e.g., irrigation districts and conservation districts)
- Fish passage
- Fish habitat enhancement
- Modifying existing irrigation structures and operations
- Surface storage
- Water market-based reallocation (water banks)
- Groundwater storage
- Enhanced water conservation
More information about this funding program
- Yakima Basin Integrated Plan Funding Program Guidelines
- Yakima Basin Integrated Plan Application Instructions and Managing your Grant in EAGL