The Washington Department of Ecology has added an additional phone-in-only public hearing for people with no or poor internet service to comment on the second Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement (SSEIS) for the proposed Kalama methanol facility.
The hearing will be held at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 23. An Ecology staff member will read a summary of the results of the study and then public comments will be taken.
Call-in space is limited to 250 participants. Ecology requests that people who have adequate internet service to please participate in one of the three other online hearings to preserve space.
- Phone: 360-407-4030 or Toll Free 844-222-3810
- Conference ID: 448 1906
The public can review the draft second Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement prepared by Ecology and provide comments through Oct. 2.
Once the public comment period ends, Ecology will use that feedback to finalize the SSEIS and then decide whether to approve a shoreline conditional use permit for the facility.
Read the report
Public input and hearings
Ecology will accept public comment on the draft SSEIS through Oct. 2, 2020. There are three ways to submit comments:
- Online – Kalama SSEIS e-comments
- Mail – Attn: Rich Doenges
Washington Department of Ecology
PO Box 47600, Olympia, WA 98504-7600
- Public hearings
- 1 p.m. Sept. 17 – Register to attend
- 10 a.m. Sept. 22 – Register to attend
- 6 p.m. Sept. 22 – Register to attend
- 6 p.m. Sept. 23 – Dial 360-407-4030 or 844-222-3810, enter conference ID 4481906