At Ecology, every day is Earth Day. Our mission is to protect and preserve the environment for people today and future generations. If you feel the same, check out the ways you can make a difference every day and learn about the most pressing environmental issues — climate change.
Invest In the Planet 2023
This year, we rally behind the international theme “Invest In Our Planet,” which highlights the importance of dedicating our time, resources, and energy to solving climate change and other environmental issues. Investing in the planet is necessary to protect natural systems that support all life, and investing in the planet is the best way to pave a path toward a prosperous future. When we Invest In Our Planet together, we are supporting healthy and happy communities.
Help limit climate change
The world needs to transform to a low-emission, clean energy economy to limit the impacts of climate change. This will require action at all levels, from city, state, and federal governments to businesses and people in Washington. That’s where you come in: as an individual, you can make a difference. Change begins with action. Begin making a difference this Earth Day.
Support a healthy and sustainable environment
Protecting the planet can start with you. Whether it is Earth Day or any other day, you can Invest in the Planet and take action. Get started today with one of these ideas:
- Reduce, reuse, and recycle. Cut down on what you throw away. Follow the three "R's" to conserve natural resources and landfill space. Check out: Recycling lights, reusing bags, and other ways to recycle.
- Volunteer. Volunteer for cleanups in your community. You can get involved in protecting your watershed or airshed, too.
- Educate. When you further your own education, you can help others understand the importance and value of the planet’s natural systems.
- Conserve water. The less water you use, the less runoff and wastewater that eventually end up in the ocean.
- Choose sustainable. Learn how to make smart food choices, like seafood choices at www.fishwatch.gov.
- Shop wisely. Buy less plastic and bring a reusable shopping bag.
- Use long-lasting light bulbs. Energy efficient light bulbs reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Also flip the light switch off when you leave the room!
- Plant a tree. Trees provide food and oxygen. They help save energy, clean the air, and help combat climate change.
- Don't send chemicals into our waterways. Choose non-toxic chemicals in the home and office.
- Bike more. Drive less.