Moderate risk waste facility guidance
This page gives an overview of regulatory information and guidance for county moderate risk waste facilities.
Moderate risk waste regulations
Moderate risk waste is regulated by WAC 173-350-360 under the authority of Chapter 70A.300 RCW and Chapter 70A.205 RCW. Local health jurisdictions are responsible for implementing and enforcing this regulation, and counties may adopt local ordinances and local hazardous waste management plans that have additional handling requirements for moderate risk waste.
- Household hazardous wastes means any waste which exhibits any of the properties of dangerous wastes that is exempt from regulation under Chapter 70A.300 RCW, Hazardous waste management, solely because the waste is generate by households. Household hazardous waste can also include other solid waste identified in the local hazardous waste management plan prepared pursuant to Chapter 70A.300 RCW, Hazardous waste management.
- Conditionally exempt small quantity generator (CESQG) means a dangerous waste generator whose dangerous wastes are not subject to regulation under Chapter 70A.300 RCW, Hazardous waste management, solely because the waste is generated or accumulated in quantities below the threshold for regulation and meets the conditions prescribed in WAC 173-303-070 (8)(b).
- Frequently Asked Questions about Moderate-Risk Waste Collection Facilities; Implementation of WAC 173-350-360
- Used oil management guidance
- Used oil management fact sheet
- Managing waste batteries
- Managing lights and lamps