Clean Energy Siting Council
In partnership with the state Department of Commerce, we are leading a group of state agencies to identify actions to improve siting and permitting of clean energy projects in Washington.
The council meets monthly to identify policy-level issues, coordinate among agencies, and discuss options for improving permitting processes. The council does not make decisions on specific projects. Instead, it is a coordination council and develops annual legislative reports with recommendations. Agendas and meeting notes are posted regularly on this page.
Clean Energy Siting Council members
Council co-leads: Ecology and Commerce
Other participating state agencies:
- Energy Facility Siting Evaluation Council (EFSEC)
- Environmental Justice Council Staff
- Governor’s Office (GOV)
- Governor’s Office for Regulatory Innovation & Assistance (ORIA)
- Governor’s Office of Indian Affairs (GOIA)
- Washington Department of Agriculture (WSDA)
- Washington Department of Archaeology and Historic Preservation (DAHP)
- Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife (WDFW)
- Washington Department of Natural Resources (DNR)
- Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT)
- Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission (UTC)
The council tracks the progress of efforts to improve siting clean energy projects, and supports planning for clean energy and interagency coordination. The council also develops annual legislative reports with recommendations to the state Legislature. The first set of recommendations is due to lawmakers in October 2024.